Pacific Region Geospatial Data Announcements
The following message is forwarded from Drew Decker and Carol Ostergren at the U.S. Geological Survey.
From: smac list On Behalf Of Decker, Drew Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 10:58 AM Subject: [SMAC] Pacific Region geospatial data announcements
Here are a few mapping-related announcements that you may be interested in:
- National Hydrography Dataset (NHD) releases Web HEM Tool. HEM stands for Hydrography Event Management and is a tool developed to help relate users’ data to the NHD network as events. Please see announcement on pages 4 and 5 in the latest NHD Newsletter here: http://nhd.usgs.gov/newsletters/News_13_6_April.pdf
- New urban imagery is now available for a number of California cities. The datasets are natural color and have a one foot resolution. The data cover the Fresno, Modesto, Oxnard, Stockton, and Sacramento urban areas. Data can be downloaded through the EarthExplorer site: earthexplorer.usgs.gov (all cities) and The National Map Viewer site: nationalmap.gov/viewer (all except Modesto).
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service announces completion of National Wetlands Database and Interactive Mapping Tool. See: http://www.fws.gov/news/ShowNews.cfm?ID=B8C3A940-E396-7509-F23601BB03228754
- For anyone wishing to track the status of CA NAIP collection currently in progress, look here: http://gis.apfo.usda.gov/naipstatus14/
- USTopo maps go into production for CA and NV in December, 2014. Please consider validating structure points (hospitals, post offices, schools, etc.) through our National Map Corps program. Watch for upcoming webinars. https://my.usgs.gov/confluence/display/nationalmapcorps/Home [Additional note: these new edition maps will include PLSS information.]
Geospatial Liaison for Pacific Region
U.S. Geological Survey
4165 Spruance Road, Suite 200
San Diego, CA 92101
USNG 11S MS 8026 2158